Quick drop biscuits that are light and tender with bits of ham and cheese baked right inside! This is an easy to make biscuit and there’s no rolling out the dough. Perfect for a grab and go breakfast or lunch!
Ham and Cheese Biscuits are perfect for breakfast or lunch! How often does that happen? I originally made these biscuits for breakfast and they were perfect along with a couple of eggs. But imagine them alongside a bowl of Broccoli Soup or Enchilada Soup.
Or maybe into a mini sandwich – filled with slices of deli ham and cheddar cheese! A ham and cheese sandwich on a ham and cheese biscuit!
I think these would also be delicious for a picnic lunch along with fresh fruit, chunks of cheese and strawberry jam!
As much as I love baking, I am often a lazy biscuit baker. I don’t know why, but when I made these Buttermilk Biscuits, Pepper Jack Biscuits and these Cheddar Chive Biscuits I was looking for the ultimate shortcut. And then with these ham and cheese biscuits, again I was looking for a shortcut.
I don’t usually mind rolling out dough, but for some reason I often look for another option when making biscuits. No rolling needed with these biscuits! They are a drop biscuit. The dough is just a bit stickier than a normal biscuit and instead of rolling out the dough, you use an ice cream scoop and just plop the dough right onto a baking sheet! Easy Peasy!!!
These biscuits would be equally as delicious with Swiss cheese, or maybe even a Pepper Jack! Mix it up any way you’d like.
Other Great Ham and Cheese Recipes:
- Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- Cheesy Baked Eggs
- English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich
- Ham Tetrazzini
- Pinwheels with Ham and Cheese from Well Plated
- Ham and Cheese Flatbread from Martha Stewart
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my baking recipes!
Ham and Cheese Biscuits
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add butter and incorporate into flour mixture using a pastry blender or your fingers. Mixture should be crumbly looking.
- Mix in ham and cheddar cheese.
- Combine sour cream and milk together. Add to flour mixture. Stir just until combined. The mixture should be sticky. If too dry, add 1-2 Tablespoons additional milk.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a large spoon and place mounds of dough on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a baking rack.