This homemade strawberry jam is quick, easy and only uses two ingredients!
Fresh strawberries just scream….Strawberry Jam! There’s nothing better than homemade strawberry jam. Sometimes you just don’t want to make a big batch of strawberry jam. This is a small batch of jam. No Canning. No Freezing. No pectin.
This strawberry jam is cooked in just 15 minutes. It only uses two ingredients: strawberries and sugar. Super easy…Super delicious.
Your friends and family will be wowed when you serve them fresh strawberry jam. I like my jam a bit chunky.
You can cut your strawberries into smaller pieces or even puree the strawberries if you don’t like the chunks.
Pick beautifully ripe strawberries.
Start with the strawberries and sugar. Place over medium heat. You need to stir for the first few minutes until the sugar starts to melt and the strawberry juices begin to flow. If you aren’t careful, you can burn the sugar. Just stir, stir, stir!
After five minutes of cooking you will see lots of juice and the smell will be heavenly. Keep heat on medium and stir every few minutes.
Jam at a full boil.
This jam is just perfect for impressing your family or guests or for when your garden doesn’t produce a bumper crop of strawberries.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries cleaned, hulled and chopped.
- 1 cup sugar
- Place strawberries and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar is melted and berry juices start to release.
- Continue to stir intermittently to avoid scorching.
- Bring to a boil.
- Continue to cook 5 minutes at a boil, stirring often.
- Remove from heat. Pour into a heat proof container. Let cool and enjoy!
This takes 15 minutes total over a medium heat.
Cook time may vary slightly depending on heat from burner.
Other Great Recipes to Try