Cheesy Broccoli Soup is perfect for lunch or dinner! This delicious creamy soup is full of cheese and good for you ingredients.
I made this Cheesy Broccoli Soup last weekend for lunch. It was a perfect soup for lunch. My whole family loved it, although they were a bit skeptical at first. I convinced them all to just try a bite. After the first bite, they had a bowl and then came back for seconds. Ahhh....if they just had faith in me from the get-go!
Well, I must admit, I have made some food that hasn't always been a hit. But this cheesy broccoli soup is a winner!
This soup is made with some pretty simple ingredients. Broccoli (of course). Carrots to add a bit of sweetness. Onions and garlic just because you need the flavor. Milk or half-n-half and cheese! I used a mild cheddar cheese, but a sharp cheddar would be delicious. Okay, there are a few other ingredients too. You just have to read the recipe!
Other Great Soup Recipes:
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Clam Chowder
- Creamy Potato Soup
Don't forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my soup recipes!
Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- In a large pot, sautee butter, onions and carrots 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and flour. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring so mixture won't burn.
- Add broth, and broccoli. Cook over high until broccoli is tender. About 10 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender and puree mixture just until large chunks are broken up.
- Whisk in milk and bring back up to a simmer.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Slowly mix in cheese. Stir until melted.
- Serve immediately.
I used 2% milk. Can also use half-n-half
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven