Drop biscuits with cheddar cheese and fresh chives.
Cheddar Chive Biscuits are easy to make and delicious to eat.
As much as I love baking, I am a lazy biscuit baker. I’ve already shared with you baking biscuits in a pan. I try to avoid rolling out and cutting biscuits. I’m not sure why.
I don’t have any problem making pie crust and rolling it out. I make sugar cookies and roll them out and then use a cookie cutter. But with biscuits, I always seem to find a shortcut.
I love how easy these biscuits are to make, but I also love the craggy top and rustic look to these biscuits. There’s just a bit of cheddar cheese and chives. If you wanted a heavier chive taste, you could double or even triple the amount of fresh chives.
To make these biscuits even easier, I’ve made them in the food processor. You can also just use a bowl. A food processor speeds up the whole biscuit making process.
These biscuits would be perfect with a nice bowl of soup. Maybe White Chicken Chili, Enchilada Soup or this Stuffed Pepper Soup. If you are looking for additional biscuit recipes, check out these Pepper Jack Biscuits and Ham and Cheese Biscuits.
PIN to save for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my baking recipes!
Quick and easy drop biscuits
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter cut into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup milk
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a food processor. Pulse just to mix ingredients.
- Add butter, run processor until butter is mixed in and looks like small peas
- Add chives, cheese and milk.
- Mix until mixture comes together.
- Use a large scoop to make mounds on a a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes