A collection of amazing muffins
I’ve put together a collection of the best muffin recipes! I make a lot of muffins.
When the kids were younger I would make muffins every weekend. I still make a lot of muffins, but not quite as many as I used to .
We tend to eat muffins for breakfast and then snack on the remaining the rest of the day. We often have a few left to carry us through to the next day too.
I don’t know if I have a favorite muffin. A lot of the muffins are seasonal and are based on the fruit I have on hand or on what I have in the freezer.
My most popular muffin recipe is my oatmeal banana muffin. It’s a delicious combination of banana bread and oats. It really is a delicious muffin.
Tips for making muffins
- Read all directions before beginning
- Assemble all ingredients
- Measure ingredients carefully
- Do not over mix batter
- Use paper liners or spray muffin pan
- Let muffins cool for 3-5 minutes in pan and then continue cooling on a baking rack
To make mini muffins
Mini muffins are fun to make and to eat. I will often make mini muffins when I need to share with a crowd.
- Do not make any changes to muffin recipe
- Use a mini muffin pan
- Spray pan before using or line with mini muffin liners
- Reduce baking time to 10-11 minutes
Almost any fresh fruit can be used in a muffin. If substituting the fruit in a recipe, try to find a similar type of fruit. Think about the amount of juice in the fruit and the texture of the fruit.
- Blueberries for huckleberries
- Apples for pears
- Raspberries for blackberries
- Strawberries for raspberries or blackberries
How to Use Frozen Fruit
- Don’t thaw fruit
- Use same amount of fruit called in
- Increase cooking time 5-7 minutes
Paper liners or no paper liners?
I don’t usually use paper liners for my muffins. It really is a personal preference. I like the smooth side from no liners. If you don’t use liners, you need to grease your muffin pan.
If you are serving muffins on a buffet, liners are handy when placing the muffins on a platter. You can handle the muffins just by touching the paper liner and not the muffin itself.
Paper liners can also be fun to match a color or a theme. They can help add to a festive feeling.