Fresh Pear Muffins! These delicious muffins are made with fresh pears and a touch of cardamom.
I am still swimming in a sea of fresh pears! I am slowly working my way through them one-by-one making pear chips, canning pears and now making these delicious muffins.
This recipe doesn't use a lot of pears and I was a bit hesitant to stop all the canning and dehydrating to make muffins. But I love muffins. It is my excuse to stop and enjoy a cup of coffee and have a bite to eat. These muffins are definitely worth making.
These muffins are super light with very mellow flavors. Pears are very light in flavor and adding a touch of cardamom is just the right spice to match the pears.
Can I use canned pears in these muffins?
I used fresh pears when making these muffins, however canned pears work too. If using canned pears, drain pears and pat dry with a paper towel before using.
More delicious muffins
- Raspberry Lemon Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- Blackberry Muffins
- Peach Muffins
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
- Mix dry ingredients together2 cups flour, 1 Tablespoon baking powder, ½ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon cardamom
- Mix egg, oil, sour cream vanilla and milk together.1 whole egg, 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, 1 cup sour cream, ½ teaspoon vanilla, 3 Tablespoons milk or cream
- Add to dry ingredients, stir until mixed
- Fold in dice pears2 cups diced pears
- Scoop into paper lined muffin tins or spray with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.