Moist chocolate zucchini muffins with two kinds of chocolate - chocolate chips and cocoa powder.
There is a crispness in the air and the leaves are starting to change. Even though the temperatures have dropped, my garden is still going strong. Since I am back to work during the week days, I tend to only get into my garden on the weekends.
I keep finding giant sized zucchini that are magically growing during the week. Giant zucchinis are perfect grated up and used in these chocolate zucchini muffins!
Don't feel like you need to let your zucchini grow to the giant size. These muffins can be made with smaller zucchini as well. If you don't have a garden, lucky for you zucchini is readily available year round at most grocery stores. You never know when you might have a craving for moist, chocolaty zucchini muffins!
Tips for making chocolate zucchini muffins
- Grate your zucchini with the large holes on a grater.
- If zucchinis are extra large, slice in half length wise and scrape out seeds prior to grating. Small zucchini can be grated whole.
- Do not over mix batter. Mix just until combined.
- Spray your muffin tin or use paper liners.
- For even sized muffins, use an ice cream scooper to fill muffin tins.
- Bake in a preheated oven.
- Allow muffins to cool 5-10 minutes in muffin tin and then remove and place on a baking rack to continue cooling.
Other Great Muffin Recipes:
- Oatmeal Banana Muffins
- Raspberry Lemon Muffins
- Rhubarb Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Pear Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Huckleberry Muffins
- Triple Chocolate Muffins
Don't forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cocoa powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and oil.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture. Mix just until combined
- Stir in chocolate chips and zucchini
- Spray muffin pan, or line with paper liners
- Scoop batter into pan.
- Bake at 375 for 17-20 minutes
Recipe adapted from Mad About Muffins