Strawberries, Raspberries and Blueberries take center stage in these homemade triple berry muffins. These easy to make muffins can be made with fresh or frozen berries and are perfect for breakfast, brunch or for snacking.
I couldn’t resist these fresh berries at the store. They looked so amazing and since I am craving all things associated with warmer weather, I bought one of each. Then I made these triple berry muffins!
I am so happy that spring is finally here! At least it was all week. And then the weekend came… temps are back into the 40s and rain! Ugh! But at least the grass is turning green, the crocuses are blooming and the birds are chirping and there’s no snow! I really love spring but I also love summer.
Summer is when we have an abundance of fresh fruit and produce. Right now I need to rely on our store to provide those for me. I stocked up on my latest trip to the grocery store!
What berries are used in these mixed berry muffins?
I’ve made blueberry muffins and raspberry muffins, but never have I used blueberries and raspberries together in a muffin. To make it even better, I’ve added strawberries. You might call this the trifecta of muffins! These delicious muffins are made with all three berries – blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.
I added orange zest and a bit of fresh squeezed orange juice to enhance the berries. You could also use a lemon instead of an orange.
Other Great Muffin Recipes
- Banana Walnut Muffins
- Rhubarb Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Pear Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Cherry Muffins
- Oatmeal Banana Muffins
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my delicious baking recipes!
Triple Berry Muffins
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, sour cream and oil.
- Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture. Mix lightly.
- Add orange zest and orange juice. Mix lightly
- Gently fold in strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
- Divide into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray or lined with cupcake liners.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and continue cooling.