Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used in these blueberry muffins. These delicious homemade muffins are bursting with berries and are perfect fro breakfast, brunch or eaten for a snack.
I'll admit it. I'm a morning person. I am not very worthwhile at night time, but if you need me in the morning - I'm all in! Breakfast goes along with being a morning person.
I'm all about making a great breakfast. Sometimes my ideal breakfast is a homemade muffin. These blueberry muffins are my latest morning creation. I also have another delicious blueberry banana muffin!
My teenage kiddos are not morning people, but they do appreciate a great muffin.
I don't know if mid morning really qualifies as breakfast, but by the time they wake up on the weekends they devour these muffins. Breakfast or snack - these muffins are our new favorite.
How to make muffins with frozen blueberries
- Use blueberries frozen - do not thaw
- Fold frozen blueberries into batter
- May need to increase baking time by 5 minutes
How to make muffins with fresh blueberries
- Rinse fresh blueberries and drain all water from berries. If berries are wet, dumb blueberries onto paper towels. Gently use a dry paper towel on the top of the berries.
- Gently fold fresh blueberries into batter
- Bake as directed
Other great blueberry recipes
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my baking recipes!
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Mix in eggs.½ cup butter, ¾ cup sugar, 2 eggs
- Add flour, baking powder and salt.2 ¼ cups flour, 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Stir in milk.½ cup milk
- Gently fold in blueberries.2 cups blueberries
- Divide into muffin a muffin that is lined with paper holders or greased lightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.