Delicious homemade honey butter is a perfect spread for rolls or toast. Whip up a batch of this delicious treat in no time at all.
Why make this recipe
Have you ever had honey butter? It is most often served along with homemade biscuits in some restaurants. It can be made at home with just two simple ingredients: honey and butter!
Honey butter is a perfect spread that adds just a touch of sweetness. The taste of both the honey and butter are transformed and taste delicious.
We use this delicious butter on homemade rolls, buttermilk biscuits, toast, bagels and spread over a warm tortilla. You could also spread it on pancakes and waffles or add a pat to a warm bowl of oatmeal.
Step by step directions
- Start with softened butter. You don't want it melted, but you do want it nice and soft.
- Blend butter with a mixer until very smooth.
- Add honey and blend again.
- Place butter mixture in a bowl.
- Top with additional honey as a garnish, if desired.
What type of honey should I use?
Honey comes in many different flavors. The flavors usually come from the type of pollen the bees collected just prior to harvesting the honey.
Clover honey is the most common type of honey. Use what you have on hand when making this recipe. I use the honey I harvested from my honey bees.
I store my honey butter in a small bowl or in a butter crock at room temperature. If your room is too warm and the butter becomes too soft, store in refrigerator until ready to use.
You should be able to store at room temperature for several weeks. If it's not being used on a daily basis, I would store in refrigerator until needed. Allow time for butter to come to room temperature before using after refrigerated.
More delicious recipes using honey
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
If you like this recipe, you'll want to check out all my delicious recipes!
Homemade Honey Butter
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- ½ cup honey
- Place butter in a bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add honey and continue mixing until honey is fully incorporated.
- Scoop mixture into a small bowl for storage.
- Drizzle with additional honey if desired.