Homemade Granola with almonds, cinnamon, honey and vanilla. This delicious granola is perfect eaten as a cereal with milk, in a yogurt parfait or even used as a crust for a dessert or crisp.
Homemade granola is so delicious and so much healthier than anything you can buy in the store. This recipe is super easy to make. It makes a large batch, and you can add just your favorite ingredients.
This recipe also has shredded coconut and flax seeds, but they just disappear and add a bit of taste and a ton of extra nutrients. You could add pecans, walnuts, dried cherries, dried apricots, raisins. The sky's the limit!
Granola is so versatile. I love to eat it for breakfast sprinkled over a bowl of yogurt with fresh raspberries or blueberries. During the school year I take a small container and eat it with yogurt for a quick snack. You could just add milk for a bowl of cereal.
Don't forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my delicious recipes!
- In a large bowl, mix oats, coconut, almonds and flax seeds.6 cups Oats, 2 cups Unsweetened Coconut, 2 cups Sliced almonds, ¼ cups Flax Seeds
- In another bowl, mix oil, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. If honey is too thick, place bowl into microwave for 15 seconds. Stir until well incorporated.½ cup Canola oil, ½ cup honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Bowl honey mixture over oat mixture. Stir until oat mixture is coated with honey mixture.
- Divide in two parts. Spread each part onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly over baking sheet.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and lightly stir granola moving outside pieces to the center. Spread evenly across baking sheet again. Return to oven, rotating location of baking sheets.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes. Keep a close eye on granola. It can burn quickly.
- When granola is lightly browned, remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- After granola has cooled, break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.