Homemade Granola with almonds, cinnamon, honey and vanilla. This delicious granola is perfect eaten as a cereal with milk, in a yogurt parfait or even used as a crust for a dessert or crisp.
Keep a batch of this delicious granola in your pantry!
Homemade granola is so delicious and so much healthier than anything you can buy in the store. This recipe is super easy to make. It makes a large batch, and you can add just your favorite ingredients.
This recipe also has shredded coconut and flax seeds, but they just disappear and add a bit of taste and a ton of extra nutrients. You could add pecans, walnuts, dried cherries, dried apricots, and raisins.
Granola is so versatile. I love to eat it for breakfast sprinkled over a bowl of yogurt with fresh raspberries or blueberries. During the school year, I take a small container and eat it with yogurt for a quick snack.
You could just add milk to a bowl of cereal or add it to a berry parfait for a crunchy topping!
Another delicious granola recipe is this Pecan Maple Granola.
I use this homemade cereal when making a huckleberry crisp or as a crust for a no-bake cheesecake.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my delicious breakfast recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, mix oats, coconut, almonds and flax seeds.6 cups Oats, 2 cups Unsweetened Coconut, 2 cups Sliced almonds, ¼ cups Flax Seeds
- In another bowl, mix oil, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. If honey is too thick, place bowl into microwave for 15 seconds. Stir until well incorporated.½ cup oil, ½ cup honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Bowl honey mixture over oat mixture. Stir until oat mixture is coated with honey mixture.
- Divide in two parts. Spread each part onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly over baking sheet.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and lightly stir granola moving outside pieces to the center. Spread evenly across baking sheet again. Return to oven, rotating location of baking sheets.
- Bake for an additional 8 minutes. Keep a close eye on granola. It can burn quickly.
- When granola is lightly browned, remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- After granola has cooled, break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- To add dried fruit, cut fruit into small pieces.
- Add to granola once granola has been cooked and cooled.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.