Cranberry Jalapeno Bites – Bite sized appetizer with a bit of tart from the cranberries and a touch of heat from the jalapenos.
I used my homemade puff pastry, but you could also used purchased puff pastry. Just roll out the puff pastry, cut into two inch squares and put into a mini muffin tin.
These are prebaked and then are filled with cream cheese, fresh cranberries and fresh jalapenos! It an amazing combination! Of course, I do love jalapenos and cheese – remember these jalapeno poppers and this popper dip?
You can make these cranberry jalapeno bites a few hours ahead of time and serve at room temperature. They are also delicious eaten straight out of the oven.
What ingredients do I need to make Cranberry Jalapeno Bites?
- Puff Pastry
- Cream Cheese
Other Great Appetizers
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
If you loved this recipe you’ll LOVE all the others in this category. Check out all my appetizers here!
Cranberry Jalapeno Bites
- 1 puff pastry
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup cranberries (chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeno (seeded and finely diced)
- Roll puff pastry into a 8" x 16" rectangle. If using store bought pastry, you might need to use two sheets.
- Cut pastry into two inch squares.
- Place each square into a mini muffin tin. Push dough down so it lines the tin.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Poke down center of each pastry cup so the dough deflates. Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- While pastry is baking, place cream cheese in a bowl. Mix until smooth. Stir in cranberries and jalapenos.
- Remove pastry cups from the oven. Place 1-2 teaspoons of filling in each cup.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Bake filled cups for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.