Spicy jalapeno peppers filled with creamy cheese and baked until golden.
This post for jalapeno poppers was originally published in September of 2015. The pictures have been updated, however the rest of the post remains the same.
It’s football season. Do you need an appetizer? A perfect appetizer? A perfect, spicy appetizer? Get ready for Jalapeno Poppers! These are strangely addicting…I love them, yet they make my mouth burn from the spicy jalapeno….and as soon as I’m finished with the first one, I am reaching for just one more!
These poppers can be made ahead of time and then just popped into the oven just before serving.
I usually make a batch using 12 jalapenos. You can simply adjust this recipe up or down depending on how large a crowd you will have. I like to serve these with alongside a bowl of homemade guacamole and salsa.
- 12 whole jalapenos halved and seeded
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon sliced green onions
- Mix cream cheese in a bowl until smooth.
Fold in Monterey Jack cheese.
- Fill each jalapeno half with cheese mixture. Don't overfill or the cheese will ooze over the sides of the pepper.
- Place in a 400 degree preheated oven
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until heated through and lightly browned.
Place on serving dish and garnish with cilantro and tomatoes and onions
Use 12 small jalapenos or 6 large jalapenos
You might also like