A perfect appetizer for the holiday season made with brie, cranberry sauce and puffed pastry.
The time between Thanksgiving and New Years is party season. There are so many celebrations and get-togethers. This baked brie with cranberries is perfect for a casual get-together or something a bit fancier.
The best part about this baked brie….besides tasting fabulous…. it looks amazing! Your guests will be so impressed with the beauty, the taste, and your culinary skills!
Keep it a secret that it was easy to create! There’s no reason to tell anyone! They will just think you are a true genius in the kitchen….and you are!
I used frozen puff pastry for this appetizer, but you could also use my homemade easy puff pastry dough. You can find puff pastry in the freezer section of most grocery stores.
Pull out one sleeve and let sit for 15-20 minutes until thawed but still cold. Unfold and roll pastry, smoothing out creases just a bit thinner.
Trim corners off pastry and put brie right in the center.
Add cranberry sauce. I used my homemade cranberry sauce, but any type will do. Drain any excess liquid from sauce. Wrap up like a pretty little package.
Use egg wash to brush pastry. Get into seams to help keep pastry together.
With the scraps, I used a small leaf cookie cutter and cut our several leaves. Brush the bottom of leaves to stick to pastry. Brush the tops once secured. Bake until golden brown. The baked brie is best served warm.
Beautiful appetizer filled with brie and cranberry sauce
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 1 round of brie 8 oz
- 1/4 cup whole cranberry sauce excess juice drained off
- 1 whole egg
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Roll puff pastry out, thinning out just slightly.
- Cut off corners so corners are rounded.
- Place brie in center of pastry. Add cranberry sauce on top of brie.
- Fold pastry up around brie.
- Mix egg and water together in a small bowl.
- Using a pastry brush, brush entire outside surface of brie with egg mixture.
- Add decorative pieces of pastry, if desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with crackers, bread slices or veggies.
Best served warm.
Serve with crackers or bread slices.
You might also enjoy Smoked Salmon Dip