Make your own healthy baked corn tortilla chips
Sometimes the best snacks are simple. They don’t have to be anything complicated to be delicious. These baked corn tortilla chips are super easy, simple and delicious.
These chips use corn tortillas cut into wedges. They are sprayed lightly with a non-stick spray and then baked until crisp. That’s really all there is….well, I do like a sprinkling of salt, but really…that is it!
This recipe is super easily adaptable to make as many chips as you might need or as many as you want to eat. You are limited to oven space and the amount of time you have.
When making these you want to be careful you don’t over crowd your pans or the chips will stick together. A big sticky blob isn’t what you are striving for…. trust me on this!
How to make Baked Tortilla Chips
- Cut corn tortillas into wedges
- Spray lightly with a cooking spray
- Sprinkle with salt
- Bake for 5 minutes
- Stir/flip tortillas
- Bake until crisp
How to store Baked Corn Chips
These chips are best eaten the same day. If you need to make them ahead of time, cool chips completely. Store in a plastic bag or a sealed container. If chips have lost their crispness, reheat in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes before serving.
Baked Corn Chips are perfect with
- Tomato Salsa
- Peach Salsa
- Pineapple Salsa
- Salsa Verde
- Mexican Cheese Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Bean Dip
- Mexican Layered Dip
Baked Corn Tortilla Chips
- 12 whole corn tortillas
- non-stick spray
- coarse salt
- cut corn tortillas into sixths.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Stir tortillas on tray so they are flipped over.
- Bake for another 5 minutes. Flipping as needed.
- Continue baking until lightly golden and crisp. Watch carefully. They go from done to burnt quickly.
- Remove from oven when toasted.