Quick Pita Chips are easy to make and are prefect for snacking.
I purchased a large bag of pita flat bread at Costco. I was thinking they were pita pockets, but they had no pocket!
I decided to make these into chips so they wouldn't go to waste. You can use any kind of pita bread - even the ones with pockets. You can use store bought pita bread or make your own pita bread!
How do you make pita chips?
All you need is pita bread, olive oil and salt. You could easily add herbs or garlic to suit your tastes.
The pita bread gets a light coating of olive oil and sprinkling of salt. Then they are sliced into wedges and baked until crispy.
What do you serve with chips?
Don't forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below or snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
- 8 Pita Bread
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Brush eat pita bread with a light coating of olive oil.8 Pita Bread, 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Stack 4 pitas together. Slice into 8 wedges. Repeat with remaining 4 pitas.
- Place in a single layer on a baking rack on a baking sheet. The baking rack allows the air to circulate under the baking pitas. If you use a plain baking sheet, flip pitas halfway through baking time.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until crisp.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.