Hot Cheesy Bean Dip!
I know….another dip! And another dip with beans!!! I told myself I was done making Super Bowl food, but then this one just kind of snuck up on me. I had all the ingredients and just had to give it a try. Of course once I made this Hot Cheesy Bean Dip and realized how delicious it was, I had to share it with you!
I have gone a bit overboard since I last made my crock pot refried beans. I created a huge stash for my freezer, and I’ve almost depleted my whole supply. I found this recipe on Pinterest from Lil Luna and used her recipe as my inspiration. Instead of adding a packet of taco seasoning, I’ve raided my spice cabinet. I also added green chilis because they just go so well with beans! My family had no problem polishing off this dip.
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 can can refried beans (16 oz) or 1 1/3 cups homemade refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup roasted green chilis chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Mix all ingredients together except shredded cheese.
Place in a baking dish sprayed lightly with a non-stick cooking spray
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly, approx. 25-30 minutes
A combination of cheddar and Monteray Jack cheese can be used.
You will also want to try: