Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken is perfect for a main dish or as a topping for a salad.
Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken is full of flavor and super moist. I've made this recipe with boneless skinless chicken breasts, but you could also use chicken thighs instead.
This is my go-to grilled chicken recipe. It is super easy to throw together and elegant enough to serve to your dinner guests.
What is in the marinade?
The marinade is made up of lemon, garlic, rosemary, and white wine! That's it!
How long do I need to marinade the chicken?
You can throw this together at the last minute and let marinade for just 30 minutes. Or if you are really with it you can put the marinade together in the morning and let the chicken absorb all those flavors all day long.
How do I cook the chicken?
My favorite method is grilling the chicken. You can cook on a gas or charcoal grill over medium heat. The chicken just goes on the grill and is ready in 10-12 minutes. It doesn't get much easier...or tastier than this! Happy Grilling!
Can I pan fry the chicken?
Yes, you can pan fry the chicken instead of grilling it. We've had to use this method in the dead of winter when the snow was too high and we couldn't reach our grill. Use a well seasoned cast iron skillet with a thin coating of oil. Cook over medium high heat.
How do I know when chicken is done?
The best way to determine if chicken is thoroughly cooked is by testing it was an instant read thermometer. The internal temperature should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do I serve this chicken?
I like to serve this chicken hot off the grill along with orzo pasta or crispy smashed potatoes. Gingered Beets or grilled cherry tomatoes are a delicious vegetable to serve with chicken. It's also delicious served at room temperature over a Caesar salad. Leftovers are also delicious in chicken salad.
If you're looking for an additional boost of flavor, you can top the cooked chicken with a pat of this tasty compound butter!
Other delicious main dishes
If you make this recipe, I'd love to hear about it! Leave me a comment below or take a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop.
Check out all my chicken recipes for a collection of great recipes perfect for lunch or dinner.
Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 -3 cloves fresh garlic (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 whole Zest of lemon
- 1 whole Juice of lemon
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts
- In a large zip-top bag, place lemon zest, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic and wine.1 whole Zest of lemon, 1 whole Juice of lemon, 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, 2 -3 cloves fresh garlic, 1 cup white wine
- Add chicken breast. Seal bag.2 whole boneless chicken breasts
- Place bag in refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat a grill on high.
- Place breasts on grill and turn heat to medium. Discard marinade and plastic bag.
- Cook 5 minutes per side, checking half way through each side to make certain the breasts aren't burning.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. You may need to leave breasts on grill for an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Cook time will vary depending on your grill and the size of your chicken breasts.
- For serving with a salad, let cool slightly, slice and add to salad while still warm.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
This recipe was originally posted in March of 2016. The pictures and text have been updated.