These past couple of weeks have been crazy busy in our household; school, work, soccer practice, games, cheerleader practice, football games, soccer tournaments… Sometimes we rush home and getting dinner on the table is an urgent affair. The kids are starving and want dinner…NOW! Fast, Easy, and Healthy can be hard to achieve. This Orzo Pasta is one of our favorites. It’s super fast and easy and the kids love it.
Orzo pasta is a small, rice shaped pasta. Because it’s so small, it cooks relatively fast. Use a very fine strainer when draining so the pasta doesn’t slip through the holes.
- 8 oz orzo pasta uncooked
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and place in a serving bowl.
- Add butter. Stir until melted.
- Sprinkle garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Stir.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, reserving a Tablespoon to sprinkle on top.
This recipe can easily be double in size to feed your hungry crew.
You might also like to try Black Bean and Corn Salad