I love chicken salad. I’m talking about taking left over chicken, adding veggies and a mayo type dressing. There are so many variations for dressings and so many ways to eat the chicken salad once it’s done; on crackers, in a lettuce cup, in a wrap, or just out of a spoon!
This is the perfect dish for any season. I enjoy it as much on a cold winter’s day as I do in the hot days of summer.
I used left over chicken from a whole roasted chicken from the night before, but you could also grill up a couple of chicken breasts, let them cool and then chop up for this yummy salad. Cilantro and bacon add the perfect flavor combination. Of course, bacon is perfect with anything.
Chunks of Chicken mixed with celery, peppers and bacon and a light dressing.
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 Tablespoon coarse ground mustard
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Siracha sauce
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing and then add to chicken mixture.
- Mix until chicken is well coated.
- Sprinkle additional bacon bits and chopped cilantro on top.
Serve in a tortilla or lettuce wraps.
Other Recipes You Will Love