I love chicken salad. I’m talking about taking left over chicken, adding veggies and a mayo type dressing. There are so many variations for dressings and so many ways to eat the chicken salad once it’s done; on crackers, in a lettuce cup, in a wrap, or just out of a spoon!
This is the perfect dish for any season. I enjoy it as much on a cold winter’s day as I do in the hot days of summer.
I used left over chicken from a whole roasted chicken from the night before, but you could also grill up a couple of chicken breasts, let them cool and then chop up for this yummy salad. Cilantro and bacon add the perfect flavor combination. Of course, bacon is perfect with anything.
- 2 cups cooked chicken (chopped)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 Tablespoon coarse ground mustard
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Siracha sauce
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing and then add to chicken mixture.
- Mix until chicken is well coated.
- Sprinkle additional bacon bits and chopped cilantro on top.
Other Recipes You Will Love