Zucchini Bread made with all-purpose and whole wheat flour.
Do you have an abundance of zucchini right now? Then you are probably scrambling to find every zucchini recipe known to man. Here’s a new take on zucchini bread…Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread!
This recipe uses a combination of white whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour. White whole wheat is lighter tasting than regular whole wheat. This recipe makes a perfect zucchini bread.
Three whole cups of shredded zucchini goes into this bread! This is key when you are trying to use up all your zucchini!
I often make several batches of this bread. Once it is cooled, I slice and then place loaves into freezer bags and pop them into the freezer. When needed, just pull out of freezer, thaw and eat!
Zucchini Bread made with all-purpose flour and white wheat flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup oil canola or vegetable
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- Mix all dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix eggs, oil, vanilla and brown sugar together.
- Add to dry ingredients. Stir. The mixture will be very dry.
Add zucchini. Stir in. The mixture will still seem too dry. Wait a few minutes and come back to stir again. The zucchini will have begun to release its excess moisture.
- Once all dry ingredients are incorporated, divide batter into 4 mini loaves (sprayed with non-stick spray)
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes for mini loaves - 55-60 minutes for full size loaves.
Makes 4 mini loaves or 2 regular loaves
You Might also Like