Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread made with all-purpose and white whole wheat flour.
Do you have an abundance of zucchini right now? Then you are probably scrambling to find every zucchini recipe known to man.
Here's a new take on zucchini bread - Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread! This recipe uses a combination of white whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour. White whole wheat is lighter tasting than regular whole wheat. This recipe makes a perfect zucchini bread.
White whole wheat flour
White wheat flour is from white wheat berries instead of the red wheat berries that makes traditional whole wheat flour. The white wheat berries are slightly sweeter and lighter in color and flavor.
White whole wheat flour has all the nutritional value as traditional whole wheat flour. I like to use white whole wheat flour when baking recipes with whole wheat flour.
Three whole cups of shredded zucchini goes into this bread! This is key when you are trying to use up all your zucchini!
Can I freeze this bread?
Yes, this zucchini bread can be frozen. I often make several batches of this bread. Once it is cooled, I slice and then place loaves into freezer bags and pop them into the freezer. When needed, just pull out of freezer, thaw and eat!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my bread recipes!
Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
- Mix all dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, oil, vanilla and brown sugar together.
- Add to dry ingredients. Stir. The mixture will be very dry.
- Add zucchini. Stir in. The mixture will still seem too dry. Wait a few minutes and come back to stir again. The zucchini will have begun to release its excess moisture.
- Once all dry ingredients are incorporated, divide batter into 4 mini loaves (sprayed with non-stick spray)
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes for mini loaves - 55-60 minutes for full size loaves.