Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread
During the holidays there are so many parties and get-togethers to attend. One of my favorite foods to prepare and bring to any party is this homemade Boursin Cheese Spread.
I don't mind the actual Borusin Cheese you buy in those fancy little packages. They are delicious. The only problem is they are so darned expensive for such a tiny little package. And one little package is never enough!
Homemade Boursin Cheese Spread is so economical and the recipe makes a huge amount! You can take some to your party and keep some at home for nibbling later!
You do want to make this cheese spread several hours ahead of time so it has a chance for the flavors to meld together and for the cheese to setup. I decided to mold the cheese to make a nice presentation. You could also just put it in a nice serving bowl.
How do I mold Boursin Cheese?
- Use a small dish lined with plastic wrap.
- Fill the bowl with the cheese and then wrap the plastic wrap over the top and chilled for 2 hours.
- To remove the cheese, simply unwrapped the top, placed the cheese upside down on a plate.
- Remove the bowl and then remove the plastic wrap.
- Any imperfections on the cheese can be smoothed out with a knife or the back of a spoon.
You can really impress your guests by serving this cheese spread along with homemade rustic crackers?
Other delicious appetizers
PIN for Later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
If you loved this recipe you'll LOVE all the others in this category. Check out all my appetizers here!
Boursin Cheese Spread
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces butter (softened)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- In a large mixing bowl add cream cheese and butter. Mix until smooth.
- Add minced garlic, Parmesan cheese and dried herbs.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Scoop cheese mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.
To Mold Cheese
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap.
- Fill bowl with cheese mixture.
- Cover cheese with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and unwrap top of bowl.
- Invert bowl onto a plate. Remove bowl and then remove remaining plastic wrap
- Smooth out any rough spots with a knife or the back of a spoon.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or slice green onions.