Mini Donuts dusted with powdered sugar
Have you made baked donuts? How about baked mini donuts?
They are so super cute! You are going to love these mini donuts.
Baked donuts are so super easy to make and I think they are also delicious. The batter mixes up quickly. Then you just scoop it into a baking pan and pop them into the oven.
These donuts are great just plain, but dunk them into powdered sugar and you’ve got a special treat!
To make baked donuts, you need a donut pan. You can use a mini pan like I did or a full sized pan. This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.
I’ve made donuts before when I made Cake Donuts. Those were a fried donuts. They are delicious, but they take a bit more time. They are also fried, which equals deliciousness, but then again that means a whole lot more calories and fat.
These mini donuts are baked. You won’t miss the fried part at all. These are just as delicious.
The ingredient list is simple:
- Baking powder
Tips for making mini donuts:
- Use a mini donut pan
- Spray pan with a non-stick spray for each batch
- Bake just 10-12 minutes. Check and 10 minutes. Donuts should come out clean when tested with a toothpick.
- Let cool for at least 2 minutes before removing from pan.
- Flip pan upside down to release donuts. Use the tip of a knife to release any that stick to pan.
- Continue to cool on a baking rack.
- Dip cooled donuts in powdered sugar.
- Donuts are best eaten the same day they are made.
How to fill a donut pan:
- Make certain pan has been sprayed with a non-stick spray
- Use a spoon and scoop up batter
- Pour batter by spoonful into pan
- Fill pans 3/4 of the way full
Mini Donuts or Full Sized Donuts:
I used a mini donut pan because I had one on hand. This pan came from my uncle’s house when he was moving and downsizing. I took one look at this cute little pan and thought, “I can use that!”
If you use a full sized pan, cook donuts for 18-20 minutes instead of the 10-12 minutes for the minis.
When do you eat donuts? Are they for breakfast, a snack or a dessert? I tend to eat donuts as a special treat, but sometimes they are for breakfast and sometimes for a snack with a cup of coffee. When do you like to eat donuts?
Baked donuts with powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Mix dry ingredients together.
Mix wet ingredients together.
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
Spray a mini donut pan with a non-stick spray.
Spoon batter into donut pan filling each compartment 3/4 full.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
Let cool for 2 minutes and then remove from pan.
When donuts are completely cooled, roll each donut in powdered sugar. Tap off excess sugar.