Make delicious BBQ Pulled Pork right in your crock pot!
There’s nothing better than a great BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich except….perhaps a Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich!
There’s something so wonderful about a crock pot. I love throwing something in the crock pot in the morning and coming home in the evening to a house full of delicious smells and dinner almost ready. It’s a little like having an at home cook….except none of the dishes get washed while I am away!
For this pulled pork, I put a pork roast into the crock pot and added a bit of liquid. I usually add beer, but I’ve also used apple juice or when my cupboards are bare, I’ve added water. The pork will produce a lot of its own liquid as it cooks, but I like to add a little extra so it doesn’t dry out at the beginning.
I cook my pork for 8 hours on low. You could also cut the amount of time by cooking it on high for 4 hours. Once the pork is fork tender, I remove the roast and shred the pork with two forks. Then I simply get rid of the excess liquid in the crock pot, throw the pulled pork back in and add BBQ sauce and wait till it’s hot! You can use any kind of BBQ sauce. I like to use my homemade version of BBQ Sauce.
BBQ pulled pork made easier in the crock pot.
- 3-4 pound pork roast
- 1 cup of liquid beer, apple juice or water
- 3-4 cups BBQ sauce
- Place pork in a crock pot.
- Pour liquid into pot
- Put lid on and turn on crock pot to low. Cook for 6-8 hours,
- Pork is done when a you can insert a fork and the meat pulls apart easily.
- Remove pork from crock pot onto a large baking sheet.
- Allow to cool slightly so you can handle it. Use two forks to pull meat apart into long strands.
- Remove any fat or bone
- Remove all liquid from crock pot.
- Add pulled pork back into pot.
- Add BBQ sauce and stir.
- Turn crock pot to high for 45-60 minutes until pork and sauce are hot.
- Serve on a hamburger bun.
Pork can be cooked on high for 4 hours.
Pulled pork and BBQ sauce can also be heated on the stove in a sauce pan.
Pulled pork can be frozen with or without sauce.
Other Recipes you will love