Homemade BBQ sauce…it just doesn’t get any better than homemade!
I love when the weather finally gets warm enough to really barbecue outside. Don’t get me wrong….we use our gas grill outside all year long. But during the warm days, I don’t have to bundle up, dash outside and quickly tend to the meal.
Instead, I can linger, savor the smells, and check all my flowers growing on the deck. To me nothing says summer quite like grilling and a great BBQ Sauce! This is one you are going to love!
This sauce is perfect for chicken, ribs or one of my favorite non-grilled meals, pulled pork!
Homemade BBQ sauce
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place everything into a sauce pot.
- Simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes. You want sauce to thicken and flavors to meld together.
- Stir sauce often to prevent burning.
- Store in the refrigerator in a covered glass container.