Melt in your mouth sugar cookies topped with peppermint candies! These cookies are perfect for adding to your Christmas cookie tray!
Sugar Cookies with Crushed Peppermint candies are such a fun holiday cookie and are a perfect cookie for kids to help with decorating!
Making Christmas cookies is a tradition in our house. I like to make a variety of cookies to share or to keep to ourselves!
These sugar cookies with crushed peppermint candies are easy peasy to make! The decorating is all done with the peppermint candies. The candies are crushed and then sprinkled over the dough before baking.
As the cookies bake, the candy melts right into the cookies. Each bite is filled with the delicious peppermint taste!
You might also want to check out Chocolate Peppermint Cookies. They are also topped with crushed candy canes.
Peppermint candies are crushed and added before baking. The candy melts into the cookies and makes a festive decoration and adds a delicious taste!
I use either candy canes or round peppermint candies. Use whatever you have on hand. Just unwrap candies, place in a plastic bag and crush. I like some chunks but I also like to use all the fine sugary pieces too.
- Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Gingerbread Snowflakes
- Bow Tie Cookies
- Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkles
- Cranberry Cookies
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
Check out this peppermint ice cream! It would be perfect with these cookies!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my Holiday Recipes.
Sugar Cookies with Crushed Peppermint
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 10 peppermint candies (crushed)
- Cream butter and sugar together.½ cup butter, 1 cup sugar
- Add sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Mix½ cup sour cream, 1 whole egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix in baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour.1 teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, 2 ½ cups flour, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place cookie dough on a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap dough completely with wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shape. Place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle cookies with crushed peppermint candy.10 peppermint candies
- Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool on a baking rack.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Cookie dough recipe from Better Homes and Gardens
Rachel @ Bakerita says
These cookies are so cute!! I love that you added the peppermint too.
Hi Kathy, your sugar cookies with peppermint topping look addictive. Nice pictures and thanks fro sharing your recipe.
Have a nice day,regards.
They are addictive!
These cookies are so adorable!! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!!
Thanks, Ashley! Happy Holidays to you!!!
Jess @ Sweetest Menu says
Oooh these cookies are gorgeous! I just love the scattering of peppermints too. What a lovely holiday treat!