Sugar Cookies with Crushed Peppermint candies are such a fun holiday cookie! These cookies are so easy to decorate!
Peppermint candies are crushed and added before baking. The candy melts into the cookies and makes a festive decoration and adds a delicious taste! I use either candy canes or round peppermint candies. Use whatever you have on hand. Just unwrap candies, place in a plastic bag and crush. I like some chunks but I also like to use all the fine sugary pieces too.
These sugar cookies are easy to make and decorate. However, you do need to plan ahead just a bit. Since this is a rolled dough, it does need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before rolling it out. Otherwise the dough will be too soft and sticky.
I love baking cookies, especially during the holidays. Some other great recipes include Christmas Sugar Cookies, Bow Tie Cookies, Thumbprint Cookies, Chocolate Crinkles, Cranberry Cookies and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
If you are looking for a great collection of cookie cutters, here's a fun one!
Check out this peppermint ice cream! It would be perfect with these cookies!
Don't forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my Holiday Recipes.
Sugar Cookies with Crushed Peppermint
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Mix
- Mix in baking powder, baking soda and flour.
- Place cookie dough on a piece of plastic wrap. Cover dough completely with wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shape. Place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle cookies with crushed peppermint candy.
- Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes.
- Cool on a baking rack.
Cookie dough recipe from Better Homes and Gardens