Mozzarella Sticks - Your favorite restaurant appetizer made right in your own home! These crunchy coated cheese sticks are made with mozzarella cheese sticks rolled in panko bread crumbs for an extra crispy bite.
I know you've had them. Those delicious crunchy, cheesy mozzarella sticks you can order in almost any restaurant. They make a perfect appetizer or snack anytime of the day or night.
What ingredients do I need to make Mozzarella Sticks?
- Mozzarella string cheese
- Panko bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
I've made a couple of different versions of cheese sticks and now I think I've got a perfect recipe - double dipping the cheese sticks in egg, flour, egg and then bread crumbs makes a nice coating.
A few tips to keep in mind when making Cheese Sticks
- Use panko bread crumbs
- Use a double dip breading system - first egg, then flour, then egg then panko bread crumbs
- Freeze dipped cheese sticks for 1-2 hours
- Fry at 375 degrees - make certain your oil is preheated
- Drain cooked cheese sticks on a paper towel
- Enjoy while still hot or warm
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce
If you want to know more about how to make mozzarella sticks, just watch the video!
Other Great Appetizers to Make
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my delicious appetizers!
- 12 Mozzarella cheese sticks
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups Panko bread crumbs (Italian seasoning)
- Oil for frying
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- Unwrap cheese sticks. Blot with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.12 Mozzarella cheese sticks
- Set up three bowls: eggs, flour, bread crumbs2 eggs, ½ cup flour, 1 ½ cups Panko bread crumbs
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Working with one cheese stick at a time, dip into egg, then into the flour, then back into the egg and finally into the bread crumbs. Press bread crumbs firmly onto cheese stick making certain all areas are covered. Place on baking sheet.
- Freeze cheese sticks for 1-2 hours until they are fully frozen.
- Pour oil into a pan. You will need at least two inches of oil. Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Place 3-4 cheese sticks in hot oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes until nicely browned. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.