Quick bread with fresh cranberries and apples!
This weekend is our final weekend for fall soccer. The older the boys get the longer the seasons seem to be. I truly love watching soccer, but by the end of the season I am ready for it to be over! The end of soccer season means more time at home and more time for baking!
Between regular league games and tournaments we travel quite extensively for the boys’ games. That is just what seems to happen when you live in a small town. Today’s trip is an hour and a half each way. I always pack up snacks for the trips. Today they are getting this cranberry apple bread. It has tart fresh cranberries and chunks of apples with a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup apples chopped
- 1 cup cranberries chopped
- In a large bowl mix butter,sugar, eggs and apple cider together.
- Pour flour on top and sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder over flour.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in apples and cranberries.
- Pour batter into a greased pan
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a baking rack.
Other Great Recipes to Try