Quick bread with fresh cranberries and apples!
This weekend is our final weekend for fall soccer. The older the boys get the longer the seasons seem to be. I truly love watching soccer, but by the end of the season I am ready for it to be over! The end of soccer season means more time at home and more time for baking!
Can I make Cranberry Apple Bread Ahead of time?
Yes! This is a perfect bread to make ahead of time and store in the freezer! To freeze bread, allow bread to fully cool. Slice bread and then place in a freezer safe bag. Use frozen bread within 1 month of freezing for best results.
Between regular league games and tournaments we travel quite extensively for the boys’ games. That is just what seems to happen when you live in a small town. Today’s trip is an hour and a half each way. I always pack up snacks for the trips. Today they are getting this cranberry apple bread. It has tart fresh cranberries and chunks of apples with a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Do I use fresh or dried cranberries?
This recipe uses fresh cranberries.
Other recipes using cranberries –
- Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Muffins
- Baked Brie with Cranberries
- Cranberry Bars
- Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies – this recipe uses dried cranberries
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
- In a large bowl mix butter,sugar, eggs and apple cider together.
- Pour flour on top and sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder over flour.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in apples and cranberries.
- Pour batter into a greased pan
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a baking rack.