Cranberry Pecan Bars are perfect for gift giving or dessert trays for the holidays.
Pecan Cranberry Bars was sponsored by Bob's Red Mill, but the recipe and opinions are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Beyond the Chicken Coop
The holidays are coming and for me that means it's time for baking up some love! This year I am baking Cranberry Pecan Bars and sharing with friends, family and neighbors.
I like to give gifts to all our neighbors and friends, but I don't purchase store bought gifts for them. Instead, I spend a couple of days in the kitchen baking up a storm. My kids love to help with the baking and the delivering!
This year I will be baking Cranberry Pecan Bars. They are a cross between a pecan pie and a cookie.
When baking I love to use the highest quality ingredients to make my creations truly amazing. Bob's Red Mill products are of the highest quality!
In addition to baking for gifts, I also love to bake an assortment of cookies and bars to fill a cookie tray. I will often take a tray full of home baked goodies to a party or keep it available for guests who stop by. Some of my favorites are Raspberry Bow Tie Cookies, Cranberry Orange Swirl Cookies, and Sugar Cookies.
This year I will also have these Cranberry Pecan Bars on the tray.
When baking for the holidays, you want to plan ahead for your baking day.
- Make a list of everything you want to make.
- Create a list of ingredients.
- Make certain you have all ingredients on hand.
- If making several different recipes, plan the order of your baking.
- Start with cookie dough that has to be chilled before rolling or baking.
- Plan space for cookies and bars to cool.
- Have gift giving containers ready .
- Have packaging materials on hand: parchment paper, tissue paper,
- Think about bows, tags, or other finishing items.
- Allow cookies and bars to cool completely before packaging.
- Deliver with a smile and spread the love and cheer!
When baking these cranberry pecan pie bars, think about making a couple of batches. They tend to disappear quickly!
Other great dessert recipes
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my holiday recipes!
Cranberry Pecan Bars
For the Crust
- Place flour, pecans, butter, salt and sugar in a food processor. Process until all ingredients are combined. Mixture will appear dry and lumpy.
- Pour into a 9"x13" baking dish. Press dough down with your hands. Press edges down so all surface area is even.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, put eggs, sugar, and vanilla into the same food processor bowl (no need to rinse). Process until combined
- Add cranberries. Pulse until cranberries are chopped, but still have some large pieces.
- When crust comes out of oven, pour filling mixture over hot crust.
- Sprinkle pecans over filling.
- Continue baking for an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow bars to completely cool before slicing.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob's Red Mill