Hearty and Delicious, this chicken broccoli and rice bake will satisfy all appetites! Plus it’s perfect for a make-ahead dinner or freezer meal.
The cold winter weather makes me want to bake. I bake breads, desserts, and dinner! Most most recent baked dish is a Chicken Broccoli and Rice Dish. The oven is perfect to have going on cold days because it just provides another source of heat! Another cold weather favorite is Chicken Pasta Bake.
You just can’t beat a warm, hearty meal when it’s cold and snowy outside. I made a double batch of this chicken, broccoli and rice bake and threw one in the oven for dinner and the other in the freezer for later. Two meals without any extra work!
I usually make this on a weekend and get everything together in the morning and then put it in the refrigerator. At dinner time I pop it in the oven and dinner feels like a ready made meal!
What ingredients are needed for this chicken, broccoli and rice bake?
- Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
Can I freeze this chicken casserole?
Yes! This dish can be frozen. To freeze, allow mixture to cool. Cover with foil, label and freeze.
To use pull from freezer at least 6 hours before baking to allow casserole to partially thaw. Bake for 60 minutes until bubbly.
Other delicious Chicken Recipes:
- White Chicken Chili
- Orange Chicken
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Zucchini and Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Nuggets
- Wild Rice Soup with Chicken
- Chicken Soup
- Oriental Chicken Salad
- Chicken Pasta Bake
PIN For Later
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below or snap a picture and tag me on Instagram #beyondthechickencoop
Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Bake
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Melt butter in a large pan.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over low heat until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in salt, pepper and sherry
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Add chicken and broccoli.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add a small amount of chicken mixture to bottom of dish.
- Add rice and then top with remaining chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese
- Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.