This delicious beer bread with cheddar is a no-knead bread is made with beer, not yeast! This quick bread can be mixed and baked in just one hour. Homemade bread was never easier!
There's nothing better than homemade bread. I love the smell of bread baking. I love the taste of homemade bread and I definitely love making bread. Sometimes I am short on time and don't have time to wait for bread to rise. Beer bread is quick and easy and no extra time is involved. This Beer Bread with Cheddar Cheese is amazing!
There's no need to knead this bread and there's no rising period. It's a quick bread made with beer. The beer helps activate the baking powder which causes the bread to rise while it bakes.
What type of cheese do I use?
This bread is loaded with cheddar cheese. It adds a ton of flavor. I used a mild cheddar because that's what I had on hand but this would be equally as delicious with a sharp cheddar.
What type of beer do I use?
I used a light pilsner style beer. Use your favorite type of beer, but keep in mind, the stronger the beer the stronger the flavor in the bread.
This bread can be sliced up and eaten while it is still warm. I've also eaten any leftover slices toasted with butter and honey for breakfast.
Other Quick Breads:
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my homemade bread recipes!
Beer Bread with Cheddar
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Add 1 beer and stir until all dry ingredients are incorporated. The mixture will be thick.
- Pour mixture out onto counter and gently fold over once or twice so all ingredients are mixed in.
- Shape into a loaf.
- Place loaf in a grease bread pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- Allow bread to cool at least 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Bread can be sliced while still warm.