Spaghetti Squash Boats filled with Black Beans Enchilada Filling makes a healthy and filling meal!
There's nothing better than a tasty meal that is filling and is loved by the whole family! These spaghetti squash boats with black beans are a perfect way to bring a meatless meal into a meat lovers home!
These spaghetti squash boats rock the house! My kids loved them! My hubby loved them! I loved them!!! 🙂 And my daughter even stole my leftovers to take in her lunch!
My kids are much better eaters than I was at their age. I was super picky....Sorry, Mom! I turned my nose up to just about everything!
I am much better as an adult. The only thing I would touch in this dish as a kid would have been the tomatoes and the cheese....these days I love the entire dish! See, things do get better as we age!
These spaghetti squash boats can be a meal in themselves or served as a side dish.
Spaghetti Squash is pretty versatile. Another one of our favorite ways to eat this squash is Baked Alfredo Spaghetti Squash.
Other Recipes with Black Beans:
- Instant Pot Black Beans
- Black Bean Taco Cups
- Black Bean Burrito Bowls
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Black Beans and Rice
- Quinoa Enchilada Bake
Don't forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my delicious main dish recipes!
Spaghetti Squash Boats With Black Beans
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole can black beans (rinsed)
- ½ cup enchilada sauce
- 1 whole small tomato (diced)
- 1 whole diced roasted Anaheim Pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Slice squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Rub each half with olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until squash is soft when pierced by a fork.
- Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle. Fluff strands of squash with a fork.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Divide and scoop into each half
- Top with a bit of shredded cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for an additional 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.