Tasty, Healthy Snack You Can Make at Home!
Making hummus at home is not difficult. I’ve been making Roasted Garlic Hummus for a while. I decided it was time for a new hummus – Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus!
The inspiration for this recipe comes from my favorite store bought hummus. I decided to see if I could replicate it at home. I think I’ve nailed it!
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 16 oz jar roasted red bell peppers (use half of jar)
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place garbanzo beans, garlic and tahini in a food processor.
- Pulse until combined.
- Remove half the peppers from the jar, drain and dab dry with a paper towel.
- Process until smooth.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil with food process running, until desired consistency is reached.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.