This Beet Hummus has such stunning color and amazing flavor! This healthy dip is perfect for snacking or adding to an appetizer table.
I was first introduced to Beet Hummus by my cousin a couple of months ago. I finally got around to making it myself. The color is all from the beets and the flavor is amazing!
Hummus is a go-to snack for me. I love packing it in my lunch along with fresh veggies. Hummus is packed with flavor, but it's also good for you.
What type of beans do I use in this hummus recipe?
I used the usual hummus ingredients here and use garbanzo beans. However, there's been a few times when I didn't have any garbanzo beans so I used a can of white cannellini beans. Either bean works fine in this recipe.
How do I cook the beets?
For cooked beets, I peel the beets first with a vegetable peeler. Next, I quarter the beets and place in a pot of water. Boil the beets until soft.
How do I make hummus?
- Place beets in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Add tahini and garlic
- Add olive oil
- Add seasonings
How long can I store beet hummus?
Beet hummus can be covered and refrigerated for up to 5-7 days.
This hummus is perfect with fresh cut veggies or baked tortilla chips.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below or snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my appetizer recipes!
- Place beets in a food processor. Process until large chunks are broken down. Add beans, tahini and garlic. Process until smooth.
- With machine running, pour in olive oil.
- Add salt, red pepper flakes, paprika and chile powder.
- Remove hummus to a serving bowl. Cover and chill. Best served chilled.
- May substitute can of garbanzo beans for a can of white beans, like cannellini beans.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.