Homemade Pumpkin Scones filled with warm spices.
Fall is amazing and part of this amazingness is all things pumpkin… Pumpkin pie, pumpkin carving, pumpkin seeds, and of course pumpkin scones! Pumpkin scones get their deliciousness from pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice! These scones are topped with a perfectly light, sugary glaze!
You all know how much I love breakfast. These pumpkin scones are just another wonderful item to make me happy! You might be tempted to not add the glaze, but I made them once without the glaze….the glaze is needed. These aren’t a sweet scone and the sweetness from the glaze brings out all the flavors in the scone.
This is a super sticky dough. I’ve tried my regular method of forming a disc and the cutting into wedges. It just didn’t work. I finally figured the best way to deal with this dough is using an ice cream scooper and dropping mounds onto parchment paper.
Pumpkin scones are perfect for breakfast or with tea
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or cream
- In a bowl mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Cut butter into small pieces, add to flour mixture
- Blend until mixture resembles small pea like crumbles
- In a separate bowl mix pumpkin puree and eggs
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture. Stir just util incorporated.
- Use a medium sized ice cream scoop and scoop batter onto a sprayed pan or a pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- To make the glaze, mix powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of milk. Stir. Continue adding milk until desired consistency. Once scones are cooled, drizzle glaze over top.
Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour