Fun and Patriotic White Chocolate Pretzels. These easy to make chocolate covered pretzels are perfect for any summertime celebration.
Are you ready for the 4th of July? Do you have any big plans for the day? We will attend our local, small town parade and then head to the city park where they host watermelon eating contests, turtle races (with turtles) and chainsaw contests. When you live in a small town, you get small town activities.
The chainsaw contest make me laugh, but to most people it is a serious competition. The loggers and anyone with a chainsaw strut their stuff. There really is skill involved and the great ones make sawing through a huge log look effortless. Rod joins the competition every year, not as a competitor but as an official timer.
They always have two official time keepers and they compare their stop watches after each contestant completes their task. I always wonder if they both have the same time or if it's just part of the show!
In addition to chainsaws, there is also a crosscut saw contest. A crosscut saw is one of those old fashioned, two handled saws that have a person on each end. They work together to cut through a log. That one always amazes me. There's a lot of strength and precision going on with a crosscut saw team.
Once dark hits, we head to a prime spot to watch the fireworks. The fireworks are set off from a huge barge parked in the middle of a bay on the lake. They are spectacular! Of course there's lots of great food and eating happening all day long!
For me the 4th of July is all about fun activities, great friends and family and amazing food! It's a busy day and everyone has to eat! Why not make the food awesome?
These patriotic pretzels are fun to make and if you have any little ones around or maybe a handful of teenagers, put them to work on these pretzels! They'll have a blast making them.
How to melt chocolate
- Put white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave white chocolate for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time until chocolate is completely melted
More great desserts
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my dessert recipes!
Patriotic White Chocolate Pretzels
- 24 pretzel rods
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers
- assorted sprinkles
- Place pretzel rods on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave white chocolate for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time until chocolate is completely melted.
- Work with one pretzel rod at a time. Place rod over the bowl of chocolate. Drizzle a spoonful of chocolate over ⅔ of the rod.
- Gently tap pretzel against side of bowl. This helps remove excess chocolate
- Place chocolate covered pretzel on baking sheet. Sprinkle on colorful sprinkles while chocolate is still warm.
- Let chocolate completely cool before moving. Store in an airtight container.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.