Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Dip is a quick and easy appetizer. This delicious dip is made with just two ingredients and is perfect to spread on crackers or scoop up with pita chips.
Whenever we have a get-together I always have my ol’ standbys that I serve again and again. Smoked salmon and cream cheese dip is one of those standbys….and for good reason….it is delicious!
It’s always a hit, no matter what time of year I serve it. And the best part…it’s super easy to make, only takes two ingredients, and can be made ahead of time! No wonder it’s a standby.
For this recipe we use our own smoked salmon, but you can easily buy smoked salmon. It is available in most grocery stores in the meat department. I like the salmon chunked and then just folded into the cream cheese. This is perfect served with crackers or fresh veggies. Add it to your next get-together and watch it disappear!
To make this ahead of time, simply cover dip and store in the refrigerator. Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before serving. You want to cream cheese to soften slightly. Otherwise it is difficult to spread the dip.
Tips for Making Salmon Dip
- Make certain cream cheese is at room temperature
- Mix cream cheese until it is soft and creamy
- Break smoke salmon into small chunks
- Add salmon to cream cheese
- Fold in carefully
- Place dip into a serving bowl
- Cover and refrigerate until needed
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving so dip is spreadable
Other great appetizers I like to serve
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
- Puff Pastry Cheese Straws
- Mexican Tortilla Pinwheels
- Coconut Shrimp
- Jalapeno Cranberry Bites
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
If you loved this recipe you’ll LOVE all the others in this category. Check out all my appetizers here!
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Dip
- 4 oz Smoked Salmon
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
- Place cream cheese in a bowl. Mix by hand or with a mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Chunk smoked salmon.
- Fold into cream cheese.
- If making ahead of time, cover and store in refrigerator.
- Serve at room temperature.