Raspberry Sweet Rolls take traditional sweet rolls to a whole new level These delicious treat is filled with raspberries and are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Fresh or frozen raspberries are the star of the filling in these sweet rolls.
Why make these sweet rolls
These raspberry sweet rolls take full advantage of raspberry season!
You know how I love to use produce fresh out of the garden. Right now the raspberries are producing like crazy. They are a bit late this year due to the cool rainy spring we had. Better late than never, is what I always say.
I try to eat and use as many fresh raspberries as possible, but I also love to freeze raspberries.
My newest recipe is Raspberry Sweet Rolls and they are delicious!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my breakfast breads!
Raspberry Sweet Rolls
- ¼ cup butter (melted and cooled)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl mix milk, sugar and yeast. Stir lightly. Let sit 5 minutes until mixture is bubbly.
- Stir in eggs, melted butter and salt. Add flour one cup at a time.
- Knead by mixer for 5 minutes or by hand for 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover. Let rise for approximately 1 ½ hours until doubled.
- Gently push down dough and form into a ball.
- Roll out dough into a large rectangular shape - approximately 12" X 18"
- Brush with melted butter saving 2 Tablespoons of butter for topping.
- Sprinkle sugar and raspberries.
- Roll dough and pinch seams together.
- Slice into 1" slices. Place slices in a greased baking dish. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Lightly brush top of sweet rolls with remaining butter and sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from pan.