Pasta and Pea Salad is simple, light and refreshing salad with peas, pasta and lemon. This vegan pasta salad is perfect for a potluck or a family luncheon.
My cousin is visiting for a few days. I told her I wanted a recipe for pasta salad. She said she makes a great Pasta and Pea Salad.
Her method of cooking is throw in a little of this and a little of that. No recipes needed and her food is always amazing. We adjusted to the ingredients we had on hand and measured everything so I could share her recipe!
This Pasta and Pea Salad is definitely a winner! It's light, tasty and easy to make!
Ingredients for pasta and pea salad
- macaroni pasta
- lemon zest
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Fresh or Frozen Peas?
The peas are the star of this dish. We used frozen peas because that's what we had on hand. Frozen peas have amazingly great taste and were great in this salad.
Other Great Salads to Try
- Oriental Chicken Salad
- Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Tuna Cobb Salad
- Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
- Couscous Salad
- Thai Pasta Salad
- Panzanella Salad
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my salad recipes!
Pasta and Pea Salad
- 8 oz salad macaroni pasta
- 16 oz peas (frozen)
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 2 Tablespoons shallots (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water. Add pasta to a large bowl.
- Add peas, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, chives, shallots, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Stir gently until all ingredients are incorporated.