Lemon Curd Tarlets With Fresh Raspberries
These are mini tarts filled with lemon curd and topped with fresh raspberries. Do I need to say anything more? Lemon and raspberry are the perfect partners in just about anything. And the individual size makes a perfect dessert. These taste light and refreshing. A perfect summer dessert.
This recipe for lemon curd is different than most. It uses a whole egg instead of just the yolk. I have made it both ways and this turned out absolutely perfect and no wasted egg. It makes more curd than you need for these tartlets. The extra can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks or even frozen.
It can be used on scones, cakes, or even on ice cream. I’ve been know to just eat it on a spoon too!
- 1 Pie Crust Unbaked
- 4 whole Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- Grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 6 Tablespoons Butter Cut into Small Pieces
- 2 Cups Fresh Raspberries
- For the Crusts: Roll out pie dough. Cut 4" Circles and place in a cupcake pan. Prick bottom and sides of crusts with a fork. Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes until crusts are cooked.
- For the Curd: Whisk eggs, sugar and lemon zest in a pan. Add Lemon Juice and Butter. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Turn heat to medium low and whisk until mixture is thickened. Pour into a bowl to cool. Cover and place in fridge. Mixture will continue to thicken slightly as it cools.
- When mixture is completely chilled, scoop into baked crusts. Top with fresh raspberries.
This recipe does not use all the lemon curd.
You might also like to try
Lemon Curd Recipe from The All New Joy of Cooking.