Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad is perfect on a croissant or just eaten with a fork!
I was shopping at Costco a few weekends ago grazing my way through all the samples. One of the samples being offered was Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad. I thought it sounded great, but I didn’t give it a try. I have a slight aversion to meats that come out of a foil pouch and have a shelf life.
I know it’s probably all okay, but I just can’t do it. That sample station did give me inspiration though! I came home and made my own Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad, and you know what? It is pretty awesome!
Just imagine: Chunks of chicken, dried cranberries, crunchy pecans and green onions combined in a light dressing. Are you drooling yet?
Ways to eat Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
- Add to a croissant with crisp lettuce
- Wrap in lettuce leaves for a lettuce wrap
- Roll in a tortilla with lettuce for a tortilla wrap
- Serve with crackers
- Eat straight from the bowl
- Serve in a hollowed out tomato
Chunked chicken with dried cranberries and pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries lightly chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon green onions sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Place cranberries, pecans and chicken in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar together.
Add mayonnaise mixture and green onions to chicken mixture, stir lightly.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
You might also like these other wonderful salads: