Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad is perfect on a croissant or just eaten with a fork!
I was shopping at Costco a few weekends ago grazing my way through all the samples. One of the samples being offered was Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad. I thought it sounded great, but I didn’t give it a try. I have a slight aversion to meats that come out of a foil pouch and have a shelf life.
I know it’s probably all okay, but I just can’t do it. That sample station did give me inspiration though! I came home and made my own chicken salad and you know what? It is pretty awesome!
Just imagine: Chunks of chicken, dried cranberries, crunchy pecans and green onions combined in a light dressing. Are you drooling yet?
What ingredients are needed for Chicken Salad?
- Cooked chicken
- Dried cranberries
- Chopped pecans
- Mayonnaise or homemade Miracle Whip
- Dried mustard
- Red wine vinegar
- Chopped onions
Ways to eat Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
- Add to a croissant with crisp lettuce
- Wrap in lettuce leaves for a lettuce wrap
- Roll in a tortilla with lettuce for a tortilla wrap
- Serve with crackers
- Eat straight from the bowl
- Serve in a hollowed out tomato
- On homemade sandwich bread
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below or snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
If you loved this recipe you’ll LOVE all the others in this category. Check out all my salad recipes here!
Chunked chicken with dried cranberries and pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries lightly chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon green onions sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place cranberries, pecans and chicken in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar together.
Add mayonnaise mixture and green onions to chicken mixture, stir lightly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.