Homemade Chicken Soup with Pasta is filled with delicious flavor and all the healing goodness your grandma said you need when you’re feeling under the weather
This past weekend I was feeling blah. Not sick, but just tired and dreary and I had no energy. I was worried. Was I coming down with the crud all the little kiddos had at school last week?
I have managed to stay healthy all school year, and that’s not easy in an elementary school.
I wasn’t ready to succumb to the latest bug that was being passed around with every school kid. After being pretty unproductive all morning,
I finally gave into the voice of my mother….“Make some chicken soup.” ….So I did….and guess what? I felt much better! Thanks, Mom!
There is just something about homemade chicken soup that is so comforting. Chicken soup is also packed full of nutrients that is just what your body needs.
Homemade chicken soup with pasta isn’t hard to make. You just throw things in a pot and let it cook slowly.
I used a whole chicken and cooked it with carrots, onions and celery to make a healthy broth. You could also use a prepared chicken broth or a store bought broth.
Store bought is handy, but try to make it homemade if you can. It’s so much better and you get to control the sodium.
Chicken soup is perfect for any day, but especially nourishing on those days when you need a little extra to fuel your body and soul back to health….just like my mom and grandma always taught me!
Ingredients for chicken soup with pasta
- olive oil
- chicken broth
- bay leaf
- cooked chicken
- small pasta
- salt and pepper
Other delicious Chicken Recipes
- White Chicken Chili
- Orange Chicken
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Zucchini and Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Bake
- Oriental Chicken Salad
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my soup recipes!
Chicken Soup with Pasta
- 1 whole small onion (diced)
- 3 whole large carrots (diced)
- 2 whole stalks celery (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cups homemade chicken broth
- 2 leaves bay
- 1 cup cooked chicken (chopped or shredded)
- 1 cup small salad macaroni pasta (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- Add onions, carrots and celery. Saute on medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, stir for 30 seconds, just until fragrant.
- Add broth and bay leaves. Simmer for 20-30 minutes
- Add pasta. Simmer for 5 minutes..
- Add chicken. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until chicken is heated through and pasta is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Remove bay leaves, serve.