Chicken Caesar Wraps - fast, easy and delicious.
It's spring break time and for us that means the desire to seek out warmer temperature, green grass and no snow! Our weather is getting warmer at home and there are definitely sings of spring, but sometimes it just can't happen fast enough.
We decided to head south to seek out the warmer temperatures and sunshine. Our final destination was reached after two long days in the car. I love a great road trip, but am always happy when we arrive.
For me, the key to a successful road trip is all in the planning - what route to take, what food to bring and potential interesting stops along the way.
These Chicken Caesar Wraps were part of our road trip food!
Caesar wraps may not seem like typical road trip food, and it probably isn't. We usually find a rest area or a park for lunch time and when we stop I quickly throw these together. We typically eat them at our stop, but you could assemble and eat in the car too.
I also make these wraps at home for lunch or dinner. They aren't just for road tripping.
How to prepare Chicken Caesar Wraps for travelling
Prepare all ingredients at home
- Wash and cut romaine lettuce and place in a gallon zip top bag
- Cook chicken breast and cut into small chunks
- Make Creamy Caesar Dressing
- Place Parmesan cheese in a small baggie
- Buy tortillas
I generally prepare everything at home and place into small containers or baggies. You could also buy a Caesar salad mix and assemble it when you're ready to eat. We did this once when we were on a two week road trip. We stopped at the store, bought a salad mix and tortillas and then at lunch time I quickly threw everything together. These chicken wraps make a delicious and healthy lunch.
To assemble when travelling
- Open bag used for storing romaine lettuce
- Add dressing, chicken and Parmesan cheese to bag
- Seal bag and gently shake bag.
- Rotate ingredients in bag until dressing has coated lettuce
- Open bag and carefully pour a portion onto a tortilla
- Roll tortilla around Caesar salad
To assemble at home
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl
- Toss salad until all lettuce is coated with dressing
- Scoop portions onto tortillas
- Roll tortilla around Caesar salad
- Cut in half and serve
What type of chicken do I use?
You have several options for chicken. Any type of cooked and cooled chicken will work. I used a couple of chicken breasts I threw on the grill and cooked. Once cooled, I chopped them up into chunks.
You could also use leftover chicken from a rotisserie chicken, an oven roasted chicken or beer can chicken. One time when camping I even used canned chicken.
Can I make without chicken?
Yep. Just omit the chicken for a vegetarian option.
What to serve with chicken caesar wrap?
You can serve any of your favorite side items with these wraps. Some of my favorites include
- fresh veggies with beet hummus
- creamy tomato soup
- crispy chickpeas
Don't forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below or snap a picture and tag me on Instagram #beyondthechickencoop
Be sure to check out all my delicious recipes!
Chicken Caesar Wrap
- 4 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 cup cooked chicken (chopped)
- ¼ cup creamy caesar dressing
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- Place romaine, chicken, dressing and cheese in a large bowl.4 cups romaine lettuce, 1 cup cooked chicken, ¼ cup creamy caesar dressing, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Toss lightly until all lettuce is coated with dressing.
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of tortillas (optional)4 flour tortillas, 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- Place ¼ of mixture on a tortilla. Roll up tortilla and then cut in half.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
This was AMAZING! I just bought a Caesar salad kit and because I have a crowd, I added two cups of chicken (Costco rotisserie) and extra Marie's Ceasar salad dressing, and also, some bacon bits. The recipe made seven wraps which I cut in half. My family RAVED about this recipe. Thank you SO much!
Thanks so much! It's a great way to feed a crowd and when everyone is happy, you've got a winner!!! 🙂
Kelly | Foodtasia says
Kathy, this is such a fresh and flavorful wrap! My family would love it! I only wish I was organized enough to prepare it for a road trip!
It's just as delicious at home!
Fred G says
Great idea. I'll use tortillas that taste like from Mexico, nothing but flour, water, and lard.
Nothing better than homemade tortillas!
David @ Spiced says
What a great idea to take these as road trip meals! The options for eating once you hit the road are pretty limited at best, so I could get behind this idea. Plus, I love a good chicken caesar wrap! Yum!
It's so easy to just grab some fast food unless you are prepared with something delicious to eat. These are a much better option.
I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow!! YUM!
Your taste buds are going to be happy! 🙂
Alexandra @ It's Not Complicated Recipes says
Delicious and clever idea! Love it! Will make a great lunch tomorrow 🙂
I hope you enjoy these wraps!
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen says
Yay for spring break road trips Kathy! And YAY for these tasty wraps to bring along! Caesar salad happens to be my favorite too. Delicious work!
It makes our day a little healthier - especially since we seem to snack all day long when in the car!
Dawn - Girl Heart Food says
What a yummy idea to use a classic salad in a portable wrap form! Also, a delicious way to mix up the regular ol' lunch routine! A pickle with this and I'm set 😉
A pickle is always the perfect lunch accompaniment!