Chicken Caesar Wraps – fast, easy and delicious.
It’s spring break time and for us that means the desire to seek out warmer temperature, green grass and no snow! Our weather is getting warmer at home and there are definitely sings of spring, but sometimes it just can’t happen fast enough.
We decided to head south to seek out the warmer temperatures and sunshine. Our final destination was reached after two long days in the car. I love a great road trip, but am always happy when we arrive.
For me, the key to a successful road trip is all in the planning – what route to take, what food to bring and potential interesting stops along the way.
These Chicken Caesar Wraps were part of our road trip food!
Caesar wraps may not seem like typical road trip food, and it probably isn’t. We usually find a rest area or a park for lunch time and when we stop I quickly throw these together. We typically eat them at our stop, but you could assemble and eat in the car too.
I also make these wraps at home for lunch or dinner. They aren’t just for road tripping.
What ingredients do I need for Chicken Caesar Wraps?
The ingredient list is simple:
- Cut romaine lettuce
- Cooked chicken
- Creamy Caesar dressing
- Parmesan cheese
How to prepare Chicken Caesar Wraps for travelling
Prepare all ingredients at home
- Wash and cut romaine lettuce and place in a gallon zip top bag
- Cook chicken breast and cut into small chunks
- Make Creamy Caesar Dressing
- Place Parmesan cheese in a small baggie
- Buy tortillas
I generally prepare everything at home and place into small containers or baggies. You could also buy a Caesar salad mix and assemble it when you’re ready to eat. We did this once when we were on a two week road trip. We stopped at the store, bought a salad mix and tortillas and then at lunch time I quickly threw everything together. These chicken wraps make a delicious and healthy lunch.
To assemble when travelling
- Open bag used for storing romaine lettuce
- Add dressing, chicken and Parmesan cheese to bag
- Seal bag and gently shake bag.
- Rotate ingredients in bag until dressing has coated lettuce
- Open bag and carefully pour a portion onto a tortilla
- Roll tortilla around Caesar salad
To assemble at home
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl
- Toss salad until all lettuce is coated with dressing
- Scoop portions onto tortillas
- Roll tortilla around Caesar salad
- Cut in half and serve
What type of chicken do I use?
You have several options for chicken. Any type of cooked and cooled chicken will work. I used a couple of chicken breasts I threw on the grill and cooked. Once cooled, I chopped them up into chunks.
You could also use leftover chicken from a rotisserie chicken, an oven roasted chicken or beer can chicken. One time when camping I even used canned chicken.
Can I make without chicken?
Yep. Just omit the chicken for a vegetarian option.
What to serve with chicken caesar wrap?
You can serve any of your favorite side items with these wraps. Some of my favorites include
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below or snap a picture and tag me on Instagram #beyondthechickencoop
Caesar salad and chunks of chicken all rolled into a tortilla.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy caesar dressing
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 flour tortillas 10 inch
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise optional
Place romaine, chicken, dressing and cheese in a large bowl.
Toss lightly until all lettuce is coated with dressing.
Spread mayonnaise on one side of tortillas (optional)
Place 1/4 of mixture on a tortilla. Roll up tortilla and then cut in half.