A delicious take on the classic Caesar Salad. This dressing can be made ahead of time and is made without anchovies!
When I was in college, I worked in a fancy little restaurant. We made Caesar salads table-side. This was quite impressive and very intimidating for me at the beginning. This was my first introduction to Caesar salad and we didn’t measure anything….just a little of this and a little of that! And we couldn’t taste it midway through to see how it tasted. I made some amazing Caesar salads, according to my guests. And I’m also certain I had some that were a little less desirable.
I ate a lot of Caesar salad during that time. Although not at the restaurant. I started making them at home. That was my practice arena. I wanted to make a really spectacular Caesar salad every time in the restaurant so I practiced a lot. Plus, I really loved eating Caesar salad.
My Caesar salads today have changed. I tend to make Creamy Caesar Salad now and somewhere along the way I stopped using anchovies in the dressing. I’m not certain when I switched to a creamy dressing, but it is my go-to Caesar dressing. Unlike a traditional Caesar dressing, this Creamy Caesar dressing can be made ahead of time.
Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Juice of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 head Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- To make the dressing, add all dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor. Process until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Store in a covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the salad, place prepared lettuce in a large bowl. Add about 1/4 cup dressing. Toss with salad forks so dressing covers all lettuce leaves. Add a bit more dressing if needed.
- Add croutons and grated Parmesan cheese. Toss salad again. Serve with fresh ground black pepper.
Other Great Salads You Will Enjoy: