All the delicious taste of fall in pumpkin spice cupcakes.
Fall is here and with fall comes all things pumpkin spice! These pumpkin spice cupcakes are filled with all the delicious spices you use when making a pumpkin pie.
The same spices are used in the buttercream frosting too!
There isn’t any pumpkin in these cupcakes, just all the lovely spices that you traditionally use in pumpkin pie.
What spices are needed?
For these cupcakes and the frosting, I’ve added cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. You could also use a premixed pumpkin pie spice if that’s what you had on hand.
What ingredients do I need to make pumpkin spice cupcakes?
- Baking Powder
The cupcakes and buttercream area a perfect match made in heaven. But if you wanted something a bit different, you could always use my regular buttercream recipe without any of the pumpkin spice. It’s always good to have a few options!
If you love cupcakes, here are a few cupcake recipes:
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
If you loved this recipe you’ll LOVE all the others in this category. Check out all my dessert recipes here!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, spices, baking powder and salt. Mix together.
- In a different bowl, combine oil, milk, vanilla and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until incorporated.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin tins lined with paper liners.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a baking rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add spices and beat.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat on low speed.
- Add milk one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Frost cupcakes and serve