Fresh Squeezed Lemonade with a touch of raspberry is so refreshing.
Sometimes when we go out to eat, the kids will order one of those fancy lemonades. They are usually delicious, but so pricey. I decided to make fresh raspberry lemonade at home.
The lemonade part was easy. I make homemade lemonade all the time. But how to get the raspberry part without just crushing up fresh raspberries? I didn’t want all the seeds and pulp. I decided to make raspberry juice.
I simply took two cups of fresh raspberries and threw them in a pot over a very low temperature. I simmered the berries for about 5 minutes and then strained them. I added the juice to the lemonade…perfection! It added a beautiful color and the perfect raspberry taste!
Ahhh….Simple refreshing perfection! Perfect for those hot, hot summer days!
A few other great recipes using fresh lemons:
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Lemon Buttercream
- Raspberry Lemon Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- Lemon Curd
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
Fresh squeezed lemonade with pureed raspberries.
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 - 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh raspberries to make 1/4 cup raspberry juice
- 8 cups cold water
- Mix lemon juice, sugar and water together in a pitcher. Set aside
- Put raspberries in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, until very juicy.
- Strain raspberries.
- Let cool slightly and add to lemon mixture.
- Serve over ice.
I always start with 3/4 cup of sugar and add a bit more if the lemonade is too tart.
You might also like Raspberry Scones