Stuffed Mushrooms with a sausage and cheese filling.
Stuffed mushrooms are one of my favorite appetizers. It's funny though, because there was a time when I thought mushrooms were gross! So glad my tastes have changed.
If I had my way with dinner, it would just be appetizers...well for at least a couple of nights a week. Then I'd probably miss real dinners, but for now, I could definitely use more nights with appetizers!
What ingredients do I need for stuffed mushrooms?
These stuffed mushrooms are made with pork breakfast sausage. You can use homemade sausage or your favorite from the store. You also need mushrooms, panko bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and sherry.
If you use large button mushrooms, you will need 24 mushrooms. For a party, I like to use smaller mushrooms.
They are easier to eat as finger food and guest can just pop them into their mouths. If you use smaller mushrooms, you will want to buy more. They don't hold as much stuffing, so it goes much further.
The stuffed mushrooms can be made ahead of time and then just bake when you need them. Super duper, easy peasy!
Another great stuffed mushroom recipe are these crab stuffed mushrooms.
Other Great Appetizer Recipes:
- Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- Puff Pastry Cheese Straws
- Coconut Shrimp
- Baked Tortilla Chips
- Baked Pita Chips
- Mexican Tortilla Pinwheels
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Taco Cups
- Pigs in Blanket
- Salami and Cheese Pinwheels
Don't forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
If you loved this recipe you'll LOVE all the others in this category. Check out all my appetizers here!
- 24 mushrooms (cleaned)
- 1 pound pork breakfast sausage
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoons sherry
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pop stems from mushrooms. Chop and add to mixing bowl24 mushrooms
- Add uncooked sausage, bread crumbs, sherry, and cheeses to bowl1 pound pork breakfast sausage, ½ cup panko bread crumbs, 1 Tablespoons sherry, 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese, ½ cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Mix mixture with your hands until well combined.
- Fill each mushroom with stuffing. Stuffing should sit high above mushroom cap.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Serve while still warm.
Mushrooms can be made ahead of time. Either refrigerate uncooked and bake when needed or bake completely, cool, refrigerate and reheat at 300 degrees for 15-20 minutes until heated through.