Fresh veggies, a light dressing and couscous make a perfect salad in this Veggie Couscous Salad.
Veggie couscous salad
A delicious salad filled with bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and olives. This is a great salad to make ahead of time. Leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day too!
What is Couscous?
Couscous is a very small pasta. You can buy it in a box or in bulk.
If you buy in a box, don't buy the flavored variety. You want just plain couscous.
This is one of my favorite salads to eat in the summer. It's light and refreshing. Leftovers store well in the refrigerator and taste great the next day too!
More delicious salads
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Veggie Couscous Salad
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 cup cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper (diced)
- ½ cup Kalamata olives (quartered)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Make the couscous by heating the water in a pot. When it boils, add the couscous and stir with a fork. Cover and remove from heat. After 5 minutes, remove lid and fluff with a fork. Place in a large bowl. Let cool slightly.
- Once couscous has cooled, add onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers and olives.
- To make the dressing, in a separate bowl, whisk olive oil and vinegar together. Add garlic, mustard, salt, pepper and oregano. Stir.
- Add dressing to couscous mixture. Toss lightly.
- Add parsley and toss lightly again.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. To obtain the most precise nutritional information in a provided recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the exact ingredients you are using when preparing the recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.