Marinated and Grilled Flank Steak, This tender steak is marinated in fresh lime juice, ginger, garlic and soy sauce and then grilled to perfection.
I'm not usually the one in our house that takes charge of the barbecue. Rod is an expert in barbecuing, smoking meats, making sausage and just about any kind of fish.
Sometimes I have to step up to the plate or grill and take charge. I made this marinated grilled flank steak all by myself! I know!!! I did it all by myself!
This is no big feat for Rod, but I was quite proud of myself for mastering this grilled steak! If I can do it, so can you! No problem at all.
How do I make the marinade?
The marinade is simple - just fresh lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, and fresh ginger.
How do I grill flank steak?
- Preheat grill to high for at least 5 minutes.
- When grill is hot, add flank steak.
- Turn heat down to medium high.
- Close lid on grill.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip meat and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
I actually made this grilled steak two weekends in a row. It was that good! Plus, I had to make certain it wasn't just a fluke. And just so you know, it really did turn out great both times!
Other Great Grilling Recipes:
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
If you loved this recipe you'll LOVE all the others in this category. Check out all my main dish recipes here!
Grilled Flank Steak
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Add all marinade ingredients together in a large bowl or a zip top bag.
- Add flank steak. Let marinade for 30 - 120 minutes. Keep steak in fridge while marinading.
- Preheat grill to high for at least 5 minutes. When grill is hot, add flank steak. Turn heat down to medium high. Close lid on grill. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip meat and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover steak with foil for 8-10 minutes. Slice steak in thin strips across the grain and serve.
- Weight of flank steak will vary.
- Grilling directions are for a medium - medium rare steak.
- Cooking time may vary depending on your grill.