Egg salad is a favorite classic. There’s nothing easier than mixing hard boiled eggs with a bit of mayonnaise and mustard to make a great sandwich. This is a great way to use up extra hard boiled eggs.
Easter is still a few weeks away and I am already planning for leftovers! We tend to dye a lot of Easter eggs and you can only eat so many hard boiled eggs and I just can’t let them go to waste.
Egg Salad makes a delicious lunch and uses up some of those hard boiled eggs.
I have three teenagers and they still love to dye eggs. Heck, I still love to dye eggs! It’s so fun watching the eggs transform into a different color. However, they don’t really want to hunt for eggs anymore.
Instead they want to hide the eggs for all their younger cousins. No matter hiding or hunting the eggs, everyone seems to have fun.
One of my favorite ways to use this egg salad is with homemade Honey Oat Bread!
Another great way to cook hard boiled eggs is Instant Pot Eggs!
Don’t forget to PIN for later!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @beyondthechickencoop
Check out all my Recipes!
- 6 hard boiled eggs (peeled)
- 2 Tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 stalk celery (chopped fine)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon creamy horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mash eggs in a bowl. Add celery and bell peppers.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Combine dressing with egg mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve on toasted bread with lettuce.